- news, features, articles and disease information for the fish industry

Tilapia Fish Farm Manager Khartoum Sudan

Alanb Junior Member
edited August 2010 in Employment/Jobs
Fish Farm Manager required

To be based in Khartoum, Sudan. Salary around 40 to 45k US dollars tax free per annum plus benefits negotiable.

To start ASAP!

Degree / Diploma in Agric. Agronomy and Aquaculture with at least 5 to 10 years fish farm experience. Must have a valid passport and able to start ASAP

Existing fish farm which is mainly fresh water Tilapia

Responsible for the breeding and rearing of fish for the wholesale or retail trade
Breeding fish by hatching eggs from adult stock and then rearing them before selling on to purchasers

The work varies considerably and includes a wide range of skills.

Responsible for:
Managing fish habitats throughout the year; § stock health and welfare issues; § feeding stock either manually or via automated machinery; § maintenance of equipment and cages; § selling on to the public or trade customers.Fish farming is an intensive animal husbandry business, and it is essential that post holders have an enthusiasm for fish and their welfare.

§ monitoring the health of the fish and taking action to treat them when appropriate; § planning breeding programmes and growing schedules to obtain maximum efficiency; § adhering to environmental standards; § applying knowledge of fish habitats and their effective time management; § understanding legislation and how to implement this into practical application; § ensuring the water supply is of a sufficient quality for the stock; § being aware of different water management techniques; § being adaptable to new technologies as they develop and learning practical skills; § paying close attention to detail to avoid expensive fish losses in what can be a high risk industry; § possessing stock skills such as fish handling, spawning, grading and harvesting; § Updating knowledge of fish health and nutrition; § Maintaining records of stocks.

• Patrick Thirkell Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    See for the future! This industry is set to explode!
  • asaadaqua Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    i'm very interesting to apply , kindly could you please tell me what the requirements upon application .. Thank you .. :)
    Asaad H. Mohamed ..
  • jwright Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    wow tilapia...i love this fish!
  • Munir Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    Attn. The Advertiser, Khartoum, Sudan

I have found the job advertise from the Google search and showing interest to work as the position advertised for. I am now in Copenhagen, Denmark through Green Card Scheme. My origin country is Bangladesh. I am Fisheries Graduate and also received a abroad M.Sc Degree on Integrated Tropical Coastal Zone Management. I worked in DANIDA Technical Assistance as a Fisheries Management Officer. Please find the enclosed CV.

Looking forward a reply from your end.

Best regards,

Leave a Comment

Our Sponsors

Seasonal Picks

Webinar - Parasites in Focus – Part Two

Listen Now TheFishSite Sustainability and Fish Welfare Webinar